"ALL of my schools programs are suitable for author visits, because they all connect with my books. But if you're looking specifically for a talk on the writing life, this is the one. In A Writer's Life, I talk about my unusual path to becoming an author, and how the life of a writer is about looking at the world in a particular way. I also show how I develop historical fiction from a blend of primary sources, academic history, and my own life experiences. I encourage students to look at their own lives through the eyes of a writer, and see how interesting they are to others. This is a flexible program, tailored to my audience, that often includes samples of my historical role play."
Love how [A Writer's Life] relates to our social studies curriculum. Kids this age need to read more historical fiction, and I feel Annette's presentation has motivated them to read more about history."
Annette is so engaging! Her content is relatable and humorous. She finds a way to make otherwise dull stories ridiculously interesting. We will be inviting her back for years to come."
A Writer's Life
Request No-Obligation Quote Here*
* Why Not Just Give the Price? Each school is different. We don't want to announce a rack rate and frighten you away if you have limited resources. There are discounts and alternatives to make Annette's programs accessible to every school, and many of our clients are Title I schools in rural areas. We want to hear from you, and asking questions doesn't commit you!
You don't have to wait until you're an adult to be a published writer! Annette shows students how she started publishing her own magazines when she was ten years old, and how she hasn't stopped writing for an audience since.
Using song, humor, primary source photos, artifacts, and role-play, Annette shows how the places where she has lived and her fascination with the past influence her books, and encourages all students to look through the world with a writer's eyes. This inspiring and entertaining talk will leave students eager to create their own writing projects!
- Performance Length: 60-75 minutes
- Up to Three Sessions per Day
- Recommended Audience Ages: Grades 3-8
- Recommended Audience Size: Suitable for larger groups, no more than one grade in a single session (Annette charges per day, up to three sessions included). A session of "A Writer's Life" may also be substituted for a session of one of her history-focused presentations.
- Cost: Please contact us. We have a holistic approach to pricing, and will want to know some details about your school. Be assured that prices are very reasonable!